Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Central Coast with Lisa Lent

 Many years ago, a good friend of mine lent me his DSLR to shoot some photos. In a series of events that included being a model for another great photographer, I stumbled upon a digital photography contest site. This site was basically my starting point for everything I currently know about photography. If you are interested in photography, check out the tutorials and get involved. Voting and critiquing photos is a great way to figure out what it is you like and don't like about photographs, and will help you create your own style of photography. Anyways, through this site (I'm on it as 'pidge'), I have met some really cool people who I am happy to call friends. I have met several of them around the world including NYC, Prague and now, Australia. I went up to the central coast, north of Sydney to meet Lisa Lent of Lisa Lent Photography. If you are getting married in Central Coast or Sydney, look this woman up - she's not only a fine photographer, but a wonderful woman! So, Lisa and I trekked around central coast and we stopped at Terrigal Beach.
Here, physical education includes regular trips to the beach. This makes so much sense, and is great for the kids. I thought this would be great for the child obesity problems confronting American kids, but then I realized the liability issues would prevent this from happening in the States. A no-win situation with the kids being the ultimate losers.
While we were meandering, Lisa, with her eagle eyes, spotted some whales. There were some fishing boats nearby, and the whales seemed to be playing around them. Of course, the one breach we saw, I only got half the whale in the shot. However, I was incredibly excited because this was the first time I had seen whales in the wild (Sea World doesn't count). We chased the whales for the rest of the afternoon, and also found some dolphins!
Central coast is known for it's beaches, and it's a place Lisa likes to take couples for photos, and I can see why. The water is beautiful, and there are amazing natural formations up and down the coast.


And of course, there was a spot that folks like to jump off of. Ahhhh.... to be young and fearless!

No comments:

Post a Comment