Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yanchep National Park


Our last stop on what was called 'Magical Mystical Tour' was Yanchep National Park. Due to us leaving Paruma National Park late, I was incredibly sad to see a fantastic sunset from the confines from the bus. When we stopped at Yanchep, I calculated about 4 minutes left of good colour, and thankfully I was at the front of the bus. Thus, camera in hand, I booked it to the edge of the lake and captured the last moments of a spectacular sunset. I missed the oranges and reds, but about five minutes after I snapped some shots, the colours disappeared as night showed up.

Of course, with the night, came a fabulous array of animals. Our guides, I think, we're a bit surprised by the peppering of questions people had about the behaviour of the animals in the park, but they answered as best they could. They also told us some of the Aboriginal myths associated with the land, which was fascinating.
And of course, we got our cuddly marsupial fix, and since it was night, they were doing more than sleeping!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset, perfect framing with the ducks in the corner.

    I had no idea joeys were still carried when they were that big! That's crazy! OK junior, it's time to move out already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's pretty funny actually. The little kangaroos keep wanting to climb back into the pouch, but mum gets tired of it and just kind of takes a short hop... makes it difficult for him to get in. :-)
    Kind of like this one!
    (sorry to be posting my own photo links on your blog...)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremy37/20091123Australia#5424917376207167634

    ReplyDelete